Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years

As I sit here thinking about the next week and how in the world I am going to complete my business I am wondering what 2009 will bring. I have a very good friend who makes his living in a business filled with risk and he says “If you not risking you’re not in the game”. I am sure I am in the game but not too sure if I like it! I think I would just like to retire. My current business depends greatly on the last quarter of the year and as anyone knows, that is not a supplier; the last quarter of this year has sucked!!! Why is it people who are suppliers always think the economy has nothing to do with the sale of their product it is all tied to your performance!! CRAZY

Well as I look back at 2008 it really hasn’t been too bad for this blessed man. My son has entered another phase of his life. My lovely wife still loves me. This is as unexplainable as the Lady Bugs ability to predict the severity of the upcoming winter’s weather. If you do not know what that is you need to watch more science channel!! I have my health although my knees do give me fits at times.

2008 was not all good either. I lost my dear Mother, the woman who was there for me every time in my life I needed her. I lost a couple of very dear friends. Lamar Alexander the guy who showed me how to laugh and live care free. Uncle Johnny the guy who taught me what a wonderful thing lunch could be when you just talk, visit and remember the old days. When you reach my age you should savor every chance you have to be with family and friends. As I get ready for New Years Eve I will make a promise to myself to try to do just that!

I plan on bringing in 2009 with 27 of my closest friends!! What a wonderful time can see midnight already. I have done this for the past 5 years. Everyone kissing and telling each other how much they love one another. A scene one wishes could last forever but soon everyone gets their things and starts out trying to get home before the crazies get on the road. Thank the lord we all live within 3 miles of each other. I will be home around 12:15 and in bed by 12:30 if I am blessed. And tomorrow it is football and then Friday it starts all over again. I can’t wait until I can sleep late and then get up and not have anything to do except what I want to all day. I think deep down we all strive for that, even my friend who risks everything daily. He says he loves what he does but I bet deep down inside he would love to just take his dog out to his farm and goof off all day. I know I would…

Here is wishing you and yours the best year of your life in 2009.

Happy New Year and pass me the Rose Champagne!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment