Friday, January 15, 2010

True

As you have read here many times, I have a Memphis Family. We are a funny bunch for sure. All of us are totally different but love each other unconditionally. This note is about one of special members. This man has a history and past as we all do however, I’m told the man I know may have been quiet different if I had met him say 20 years ago. Well I can more than likely say the same thing about me, so I am not one to dig up the past so let’s leave sleeping dogs lie if you please!

This is a smart, driven man. He makes decisions everyday that affect numerous people and huge amounts of money. His work world is edgy and extremely fast paced. He is a man of few words and action. He is tuff and his peer’s look to him for advice and guidance. I hope you understand this guy is a businessman, and in business you need to be tough and decisive. If you deal with my friend you had better be prepared or pay the price. I have learned two major things from this man. First business is business. Second Cash is king!

This is a man that operates one business, he has several, solely to keep a great bunch of people employed. Now he watches them like a hawk and all the while teaching them what it takes to make it. An education that money can’t buy because guys like this, don’t teach business school, they live it. He guides an amazing group of hard working people though a very tuff and rough business and gives them just enough rope to learn the lesson but not enough to hang themselves. The business they are in, this never happens, this group is blessed for sure. I think if you asked them they would all agree wholeheartedly.

Now when this guy leaves work he turns into something that, if his work people saw they could not believe. He has what he calls “The animals”. And aside here, if I should die tonight I would ask the good lord to return me as one of this guys “animals”. He is the kindest most loving caretaker you can imagine. It has just been bitterly cold here temps in the single digits, which is rare for here. This man everyday has swapped out 3 or 4 20 pound propane tanks to ensure these animals are warm throughout the night! His stable includes, 3 peacocks, 2 rabbits, 3 chickens and 2 roosters. This doesn’t include his dog, which is an entire different post because that is who opened my friend’s heart to animals and more than likely softened him up even to the rest of us to some degree. One of the rabbits got an eye infection off to the vet $400 later the rabbit is better and he now separates the rabbit for its safety! Not many of us would spend $400 on a rabbit unless; it was a gift to your child from either a revenge-seeking parent or in-law. And even then we might try to explain it away trying not to mark the child for eternity!! But not my friend, off to the vet to make sure little bunny Foo-Foo was in good shape, and not in pain.

This man I consider one of my best friends and I love him like family. A truer example of compassion and love you will never find, in my opinion. He loves his wife madly, he has been trough times with his stepson that make the little bit of bitching I do seem so lame. Through it all he has stood by both of them, no matter the cost or situation. As I have been involved on the edge of so of the madness I have never seen him even flinch at whatever needed to be done. What a man’s man. I am proud to call him my friend and Memphis family member for sure.

Where does all this lead, I’m not sure. I just know that you needed to know that there are people in this world who we might cross paths with in a business or another environment who in their real life are true hero’s. People who we might think “damn I would hate to be married to that asshole”. When nothing could be further from the truth. I would place a large wager that if asked, his wife would report he is the most loving, truest, and supportive mate a person could ever ask to share their life with. I know that is what I would say about him, as a friend. He has had an immeasurable influence on me, and my life as well. He always tells the truth and always thinks before he acts or speaks. Something I am still working hard on, just ask my wife!! He is true to his belief system and is not ashamed of who he is or what he stands for. Don’t we all wish we had that one trait?

Well, as I close, I am proud to tell you I will be having dinner with this guy and his family tonight. I think I will give him a bigger hug than normal and hope he knows how much he means to me and in my life. Hell, maybe I will take a page of his book and just tell him. That way I know he knows!

I still want to be one of those damn animals!!!

Peace,

The Blessed Man

No comments:

Post a Comment