Friday, December 4, 2009

Challenge

I have been in a funk for the last 10 months. Unable to put my finger on the cause I have been wandering thru my life just going through the motions. I have known I was doing this but just didn’t have the wherewithal to do anything about it. Well I have been looking for something to wake me up or get me back on track. I was searching around on Itunes the other day and ran across a book by the Chicken Soup for the Soul guy Jack Canfield. It was all about the Principles of Success. Something told me to listen to the trailer and it was exactly what I’ve been looking for so I downloaded the book and have been listening to it for the pasted 3 days. The interesting thing about the books is the first part is all about taking responsibilities of your situation. So, as the book has taught me, I’m the reason I have been wandering for the last 10 months!! It also tells me the only person who can change me, is me!

So here we go. I am going to start posting my progress on this page in the form of the words that fit the circumstances. I’ve picked me a person to kind of check on me and keep track of what I’m doing and where I’m going. And I will also post things here. I understand and know no one reads this but me, however the books tells me it is good to write things down it is like a commitment to me.

My wife, whom I love madly, and if you ever read the prior posts you will see that. We had a moment last night that I feel like truly changed my life. I have tried this a million times before but this time something is hugely different after what from now on will be known as the “incident” something clicked in my head that I have to do this. Was it the fact that she smiled and told me good luck, was it when she said, “I know you we have been down this road a 1,000 times”. I don’t know but something in my head clicked and now it is a challenge. I have always been a competitive kind of guy. I played football I play Golf when my knees work and have never like the fact when anyone tells me, “sure go ahead” and “I will believe it when I see it”. Now it’s on.

I love a challenge and will keep everyone posted here. What is the challenge you ask?

Well I am going to lose 50 pounds by January 31, 2010. We leave for Acapulco on that day. I also have goals set for my personal and work areas that we will go into as the process gets up and running.

So here we go this blessed man is on a mission and will be a much better person for this.

Well got to go to dinner at my favorite place tonight going to drink a special bottle of wine tonight to celebrate the first day of the rest of my life.


Wow talk about being blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment