Sunday, November 23, 2008

Goals

As I sit here, looking into my fireplace, enjoying the warmth and crackling fire. I realize that as I enter this stage of my life I need to reevaluate my goals. I had this brought to my attention at the office on Friday. Most of the people I work with are younger than me. I have become complacence in my job. I let the kids go out and show me up!

Well over this weekend I have kind of rededicated myself to my work. I am also setting new goals. This time they are more short term. Like 5 or 6 years out. They include things like retirement, weight issues, finance, health and other things that I did when I was a much younger man. Understanding now you never should go through life without a purpose, an idea, or plan of where you want to go. I am working on a new set of plans and ideas that will take me all the way to Florida. Sitting on my back porch watching the ocean and loving every single day I have left. I can see the house now, right on the water. Nice beach area and of course small boat house with a couple of toys inside. Wonderful kitchen fully stocked with all of the bells and whistles. In the Dining room, that looks over the water, 10 large chairs around a solid wood round table. Off the dining room and wine cellar stocked to the max with only the wines I have loved over the last 20 years. I can smell the sweet salty air as well.

Well I said all of that to hopefully get you thinking about your on life. Are you just going through the motions? Man I hope not as we all know this is not a dress rehearsal! What is the old saying, Love like you will never be hurt, dance like no one is watching, and sing like no one can hear? Not too sure that is it but you get the picture.
Well Beef Stroganoff is calling and I think a very nice Cabernet tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment