Saturday, June 25, 2016

Keller Thomas Miles Berryhill


Well it’s time to write about the fifth grandchild to enter my extended family.  This one born to the daughter I never had and to a son anyone would be proud to call their own.

You might not know this but the number five is huge in the bible.  The number 5 symbolizes God's grace, goodness and favor toward humans and is mentioned 318 times in Scripture. Five is the number of grace, and multiplied by itself, which is 25, is 'grace upon grace' (John 1:16). The Ten Commandments contains two sets of 5 commandments. The first five commandments are related to our treatment and relationship with God, and the last five concern our relationship with others humans.  So right away we already know this little boy is destined for greatness.

Let’s take a look at this young man’s name for a minute.

Keller - Means Cellar Master.  You know I love this young man already!!!

Thomas  - We all know Thomas was one of the twelve apostles.  And it also means Twin.

Miles - Solider or merciful Not to mention Miles Davis!!!!!

Berryhill - Means he comes from the finest stock ever.

Now let’s put The Blessed Man spin on the name

Keller  - Keeper of the peace, bringer of love and joy.

Thomas - Taker of the heart. He will win the hearts of all of us before it’s over for sure especially DeDe and Poppy

Miles - Man of many talents This young man will be exactly like his Mother and Father and be able to do anything he sets his mind to, he will be the one we all look at and say wow what a wonderful young man so motivated, so alive, so together, what did his parents do to give him such a great foundation. 

Berryhill  - Best father ever!  His family ties will take this young man to heights we all aspire to he will be full of confidence, joy, love, kindness, caring and compassion for us all.

As I sit here thinking about this young man and the journey that lies ahead all I can do is smile.  In these times most people would be unsettled to say the least.  Young Keller has a few tricks up his sleeve that most do not have access to. 

Starting with his Mother, a strong willed young woman raised by an even stronger willed woman.  I used to love to watch the interaction between her and my adopted sister.  It was like watching someone talk to themselves in a mirror.  All of the drama and opinions came from the same place.  It was so cool to watch her mother turn around and I’d say she is just like you.  It was hilarious she would snap back “she is nothing like me!!!”  I would, and still do just laugh out loud!!

His Father a young man who has graced these pages many times, loving, caring, kind, giving, all of the great adjectives you want apply.  He is a man of great conviction, and love of God which is the foundation of all great homes.  But Dad has a fun side a mile wide.  This young man will more than likely know what it is like to ride a bull, jump out a perfectly fine airplane, climb a mountain, doing it all alongside a loving Dad watching over him like a bear over cubs.

Then you add the extended family and it all comes full circle.  I only wish all of the people, well maybe both of the people, who read these posts could get to know this family.  It seems in every post I always talk about the specialness of this family group.  Lead by my brother and sister from another mother.  I Love these people so much.  And now I have another one to love and I am so proud!

You often wonder where and what you will be doing in the coming times.  I feel like I know what I will be doing.  Sharing my life with the most wonderful family I know.

So, welcome Keller Thomas Miles Berryhill to this wild ride called life.  And if there is any opportunity for you to visit an adopted family member, (the old blessed man), you are always welcome in my house.  And all of the bad stuff you’re mean ole mama want let you have, is on the house with me!!!

Love you son and welcome to the family!

Peace,


The Blessed Man

No comments:

Post a Comment