Thursday, April 4, 2013

Ten Years




WOW my how times flies when you’re having fun.  I have heard that a thousand times in my life but never really had a true sense of it until this week.  You see 10 years ago the greatest thing happened to me.   I married my sweet angel from heaven above.  Now let me make this clear it was after a nine year chase!! I have never had a partner like her, always there in good times and bad.  I am very blessed that the bad times seem to fade very quickly and the good times seem to never end.  We have seen a lot in our 19 years together. We have seen the marriage and divorce of her son, the birth of her two wonderful granddaughters.  Two Career changes for me. The trials and tribulations of my young son and the constant turmoil he brought to our home.  We have built two houses.  Move into another 2 more and through it all we have stayed together.  There is a lot to be said about that.  My son tried his best to separate us and almost succeeded but in the end our love for each other helped us to weather that storm. 

I can still remember the very first time I saw her; she was wearing a green madras plaid shirt and white jeans.  Looking like a million dollars.  I had no clue who she was I just know that deep in my heart something when pop that had never been awaken before, and I have never been the same.   I am not sure she knows it but there are times when I look at her and that pop happens again.  No one has ever affected me in this way before or since.  I hear people talk about Soulmates I truly have one.  It’s a feeling every human being should know.  There is a love you read about called Agape love this is the love I have for her.  The kind of love that if she were gone I would have a whole in my being so gaping it would be visible from space.  Some people may tell you that no one should have that kind of effect on anyone.  Are they ever wrong.  These are the people that have never had the feeling I am sure of it.

Well as we head into the next ten years I can’t wait.  I know some of the things waiting.  Retirement for me.  Then we will be together all the time and I think that will be cool.  Friends being reunited and coming together.  When our Memphis family gets down here the band will be back together and then my life will be a dream come true.  Good health for us all.  I have changed my lifestyle in an attempt to make sure I am here for many years to come.  As I often say “I want the last check to bounce!!!”

Well here’s to another 10 just like this ten my sweet angel.  You are one of the main reasons I am The Blessed Man 

Peace,

The Blessed Man

No comments:

Post a Comment