Monday, October 23, 2017

Movement



I guess there is and always be movement.  I am thinking that is what makes the world go round, pun intended. 

As I look back over the last couple of years there has been lots of movement in my life.  My son has gotten married and is experiencing an entire different kind of trouble and stress.  His marriage has seemed to bring us a little bit closer together.  Or should I say we have more telephone conversations that start out “how do you do it?”, “what the hell?” or, “Where is the girl I married?”  To which I always smile just a little bit of a welcome to the real world smile. 

We have had great friends and family members take leave from our lives.  This brings me great sadness , but as I said above movement.  We have met new friends and are enjoying them.  We have learned that an evening alone is something far more special than we ever remember in our hectic working lives.  We have learned that a day off adventure is the way to keep the new in your life. I believe my wife and I are closer than we have ever been in the 22 years we have been together.

We have seen the Memphis family mature and move on.  We are expecting more Memphis family to join us here in paradise, shortly.  As I look back and reflect, that group has always been in some sort of movement.  It is the first time however it seems to be moving away from me.  I have learned to just enjoy the moments together and treasure them even more.  Maybe, sometimes in the past I have been complacent about them, and the very special times we have all shared.  I now treasure those times together like the ones with my wonderful wife and partner.  If I am blessed the movement will be an orbit which means they all will move back to me as they make their own journeys around whatever it is we are all orbiting. 

So movement at the end of the day is something I guess we all need to continue to grow and be better people.  If we all just stayed in our comfortable place maybe it wouldn’t be as great as I was thinking it might be.  So let’s move.  One thing that will never move is my love for all of those people I consider my peeps.  That will remain no matter where I, or they move. 

Well I better get moving time for a day off adventure.

Peace,


The Blessed Man

No comments:

Post a Comment