Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Forgiveness

 

My grandmother told me one time that forgiveness wasn’t for the person being forgiven; it was for the person forgiving so the one who hurt you doesn’t live rent free in your head.  I have lived by that for many years.  However, this time I am asking forgiveness from a dear friend.  I will explain

We were at a birthday event for my wife.  Wine was involved and as conversations do they got a little racy.  At these events the guys sit at one table and the ladies at their own table.  It always seems to work because guys talk guy things and lord only knows what they talk about.

As the night waned I slid over to the ladies and somehow the conversations turn to breasts!  Anyone who knows me knows I’m a boob man!  Well I said something about wanting to see every set on earth and everyone laughed.  Well here is the forgiveness part.  I was sitting next to one of the sweetest people on the planet that has just recently beat breast cancer!  What an inconsiderate comment. 

Now allow me to tell you a bit about the lady I’m talking about.  She is one of the best people I know. Beautiful, kind, loving, selfless, and a true friend, a fighter of the highest regard. She has a zest for life that is rarely seen.  She is a wonderful wife, mother, grandmother.  She is a great cook and she is my friend.

The comment has haunted me since I got home that night.  I have to apologize to her. The very thought that I might have hurt her feelings makes me sick to my stomach. I will email her this post once it finished so she will know how badly I feel.  I can already hear her reply.  I didn’t even hear it or I have no memory of that. That is just how special she is. 

I promise to do better.

So yes sometimes Grandmother the forgiveness is needed for the infractor as well as the person forgiving. 

 

Peace,

The Blessed Man

No comments:

Post a Comment